• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help VS540i Print Head Replacement ASAP. GR-540 Perf Cutting URGENT

FORMATMOTO

Hello and thanks for taking the time to read this.

I own a VS540i and am very intuitive when it comes to replacing equipment and parts. I wanted to know if anyone has resources on service codes or any literature on replacing a print head for this machine? I am located in colorado and have been trying to get help but many of the companies here will not service my old, no longer made machine because I am using third party inks(jet best, not nutec or Roland). My print head is jacked. All nozzles keep not firing properly. I have done about 15 head soaks, replaced cap tops, pulled ink through the pump lines. I have been down for a little over two weeks, looking at buying a new VG2 and getting my current printer fixed.

Any help would be great or pointed toward a resource-

I have a GR-540 and would love help with perf cutting( material suggestions or settings) Spent so much time and money on materials to try and perf cut and have had no luck.

Thanks guys-

LF Printer Parts

Hello and thanks for taking the time to read this.

I own a VS540i and am very intuitive when it comes to replacing equipment and parts. I wanted to know if anyone has resources on service codes or any literature on replacing a print head for this machine? I am located in colorado and have been trying to get help but many of the companies here will not service my old, no longer made machine because I am using third party inks(jet best, not nutec or Roland). My print head is jacked. All nozzles keep not firing properly. I have done about 15 head soaks, replaced cap tops, pulled ink through the pump lines. I have been down for a little over two weeks, looking at buying a new VG2 and getting my current printer fixed.

Any help would be great or pointed toward a resource-

I have a GR-540 and would love help with perf cutting( material suggestions or settings) Spent so much time and money on materials to try and perf cut and have had no luck.

Thanks guys-
Hi FORMATMOTO,

Sure, we would be pleased to help.
We offer free assistance. Feel free to contact our team at info@lfprinterparts.com or via our web chat (https://www.lfprinterparts.com/) for live assistance.

Have a great day!

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Do you have a photo of the nozzle test? My guess just from what you've said, you need a new head, could also be the cap top if older then 6 months. The nozzle test should shine more light on the situation.

FORMATMOTO

Thanks all for the help. I have a technician coming out to replace a printhead- Seems to be the issue- 5k later -_-

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
Thanks all for the help. I have a technician coming out to replace a printhead- Seems to be the issue- 5k later -_-
5K???? how many print heads are you having replaced? That machine runs 4 heads. 4@$750= $3000 so $2000 for labor? Is the tech flying in? even at $200 an hour that is 10 hours labor. I was figuring the heads with markup not bottom line pricing. so I would guess the tech would make additional 800ish on parts.

We get heads for around $500 each. Captops and dampers another $50 and it takes me about 2 hours to clean, install, adjust, calibrate, and have the printer back up and running. I did all 6 heads in our XC in about 6 hours one day. Dont ask how we killed all 6 heads.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
5K???? how many print heads are you having replaced? That machine runs 4 heads. 4@$750= $3000 so $2000 for labor? Is the tech flying in? even at $200 an hour that is 10 hours labor. I was figuring the heads with markup not bottom line pricing. so I would guess the tech would make additional 800ish on parts.

We get heads for around $500 each. Captops and dampers another $50 and it takes me about 2 hours to clean, install, adjust, calibrate, and have the printer back up and running. I did all 6 heads in our XC in about 6 hours one day. Dont ask how we killed all 6 heads.
I think you're thinking of the VP540 not the VS540. The VS only has one head that, if he's using a Roland dealer, will go for around $3k, $2k if you source it form someone like us. He's also in Durango, CO and the nearest major city Albuquerque over 200 miles away so most of it is probably travel and maybe an overnight stay. A lot of my customers are in the poster's shoes and opt to work on it themselves to save money.

FORMATMOTO

I think you're thinking of the VP540 not the VS540. The VS only has one head that, if he's using a Roland dealer, will go for around $3k, $2k if you source it form someone like us. He's also in Durango, CO and the nearest major city Albuquerque over 200 miles away so most of it is probably travel and maybe an overnight stay. A lot of my customers are in the poster's shoes and opt to work on it themselves to save money.
I got your information from Curt at Fellers. Tried leaving you a message- I would have done this myself but there are no solid guides on codes for service menu/replacing the head/dampers. Only two videos on YouTube that I have seen. but neither explain anything well at all. Appreciate the response! If your ever down in Durango come check our shop out(Headhunter Tattoo/Format Moto)

Thanks yall-

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I got your information from Curt at Fellers. Tried leaving you a message- I would have done this myself but there are no solid guides on codes for service menu/replacing the head/dampers. Only two videos on YouTube that I have seen. but neither explain anything well at all. Appreciate the response! If your ever down in Durango come check our shop out(Headhunter Tattoo/Format Moto)

Thanks yall-
Thanks! We had some pretty major technical issues a few weeks ago so we missed a few calls and emails. Got everything back up and running now! We've got a customer possibly upgrading their printer in that area so maybe we'll swing by.

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
My bad. I get mixed up sometimes on what has what in it. Yes my mind replaced the S with a P when I read his post.
5K for a DX7 head with travel and consumables is probably on par.

print this

Hi. Saw your post regarding VS-540i. I have one with a dead print head. Do you happen to know if it has 2 fuses or 3? Found 2 next to each other and they both checked good. If there is a third I sure would like to check it before I buy a print head! I haven't been able to get a firm answer anywhere. Thanks in advance, Kenny