• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VUTEK GS3250 LX Ultra Banding issue

M@CK

Hey guy's, got an issue with my VUTEK and I was hopping I could get some help here. See attached pictures.

I'm trying to print some Styrene 20 mil in 600 x 360.

Mode: Bidirectional
Interlace Mode: Multipass Standard
Smoothing: Heavy
Carriage Speed: Maximum
Curing: Max
Shutter mode: Double

I was told its might be my nitrogen, Filter says its good, I thoroughly cleaned one side to see if it would do anything, not a better result.
Jet test is perfect, no deflection or missing nozzles. Dampers are about 6 moth old on the magenta head.

Any help appreciated !

Attachments

• IMG_0066 2.jpg
    IMG_0066 2.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 449
  • IMG_0067 2.jpg
    IMG_0067 2.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 189

M@CK

Hey Dasdesignguy, not sure I ever printed unidirectional with this machine lol, il try it today and let you know the result.

Thanks for the help !

M@CK

Hey Dasdesignguy, Tried it and if anything its worst.
At a 1000dpi its perfect. So I guest I have to print this way until I can fix it.
More recommendation welcomed

Thanks for Help!

Attachments

• IMG_0069.jpg
    IMG_0069.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 160

M@CK

Hey Maxz3241,
I'll try that later,
throughout time for Multipass Standard @ 600x360 is 3 min for a 4x8
throughout time for Multipass high @ 600x360 is 7 min for a 4x8
and throughout time for Multipass Standard @ 1000dpi its 8:30 min for a 4x8, so I would save about 50 minute, not bad.

Good show if it works !

M@CK

Hey Maxz3241,
So Multipass high @ 600x360 is viable, I would still like to get to the bottom of this.
I used to print in Multipass Standard @ 600x360 for twice the speed, any recommendation appreciated.

Maxz3241

Styrene 20 mil is a tough material, I've found to be one of the most static material, are you running sheets or roll?

M@CK

Using sheets, I have 40% humidity at the moment and Ionizing Bar at the feed, not sure theirs more I can do about that.
I was thinking of replacing my Yellow head dampers on a fluke that might be it ... just seems like a waste if its not it.

Maxz3241

you can always try the generic Stacticide spray they sell on Uline, I have them around my machines. If you're noticing spitting of yellow or excessive wetting on the print head I would replace the damper

M@CK

I ordered that Anti-Static Spray ill give it a shot even if I doubt that my issue is caused by static.
Thanks for the suggestions !

InkJetsetter

I would verify the print head density is proper. You may have a hot magenta or light magenta head that needs to have the voltage reduced.
If you print CheckJets and cut out squares of the magenta print head samples, you can check the density differential.