• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vutek SC200/600

Montrealer

Senior Operator
Hi guys,

Recently i had probs with that machine, the machine print normally and suddenly the carriage stop in the middle of the media, and the machine popup a message : Print error Start, than i clear the error and the carriage return to home...The senior operator on the day, dosent have that problems, i print for 2 years on that machine and no problem...The guy tell me thats because i didnt do my maintenance correctly, but you dont need to have a degre in university to put oil machine on both bar, and put alcool on the encoder...

So im wondering if its me that doing something wrong or its the senior guy that sabotage the machine....So from your experience the PRINT ERROR START is related to what? and what can i do to avoid that??

I be very glad is someone can respond to me.Thks in advance.

A+

1. On the firmware side of controller have you reset the
Maintnience prompts?
2. Have you ever reset cariadge drives in Vuware?
3.fresh re install of. Vuware?
4.stupid but simple. make sure vertical dups are set to 0.
Horz dups are good . Vert dups can freak Vuware out..

Montrealer

Senior Operator
In the firmware, i never reset anything. But Im wondering why i am alone to had this prob...the operator on the day have no problem, he print in continu all day...The print start failure is related to the maintenance cleaning at the startup....thats what the senior guy tell me...but im gonna look into what you talking about..thks alot.

Montrealer

Senior Operator
I would like to thank you because the carriage vertical aligment in the firmware was set to 0.001, i reset to 0 and push APPLY. And it work well. I still had the Print start failure error, but instead of having it 6-7 times per day i have it 1 time every 2 days...Do you operate a Vutek since a long time?

ellsmako

Hi guys,

Recently i had probs with that machine, the machine print normally and suddenly the carriage stop in the middle of the media, and the machine popup a message : Print error Start, than i clear the error and the carriage return to home...The senior operator on the day, dosent have that problems, i print for 2 years on that machine and no problem...The guy tell me thats because i didnt do my maintenance correctly, but you dont need to have a degre in university to put oil machine on both bar, and put alcool on the encoder...

So im wondering if its me that doing something wrong or its the senior guy that sabotage the machine....So from your experience the PRINT ERROR START is related to what? and what can i do to avoid that??

I be very glad is someone can respond to me.Thks in advance.

A+

Well you might want to check your optical encoder ( for the carriage ) , I am guessing that you oil the carriage rails and clean your encoder starting your shift. Don't forget that you can get build up between then sensor and the encoder .

Since the Day ( lead ) operator says he has no problems then you can rule out firmware software.
you may have over oiled the rail ( too much is as bad as not enough) take care in noticing that you wipe off excess in one direction since a back a forth motion will sometimes push the crap together.

Also do not soak you cleaning cloth too much because alchool will disolve the glue holding the encoder strip.