• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vvivid Review

datoshway

Since they did not post my review on their website here it is.

Dry Gunmetal Carbon Fiber. Purchased and installed 150' in 8 hours..

Purchasing: I ordered two 75' rolls for a two 32' boats. I got 100' and a 50' (obviously would not work). Their response: Reorder it again. Return what we gave you.

Product Appearance: Looks nice, a little smoother then 3m version.

Installation: Material felt very very brittle. Adhesive was very strong right out of the gate. Not too repositionable. Air release properties felt like very early versions of the 3m ij35.

Overall: Material looked nice, price was good. Ordering and company demeanor are horrible. Product adhesive is really bad for installation in big sections (full cowboy) such as boat wraps. Wax paper is flimsy and ripped a lot. I would not buy the product again unless had to.

Last edited:

HulkSmash

No point in risking your business reputation on unproven and garbage material. I never understood the mentality of that. Just pony up buy the right stuff and charge for it.

Wesley Powell

Account Rep
Since they did not post my review on their website here it is.

Dry Gunmetal Carbon Fiber. Purchased and installed 150' in 8 hours..

Purchasing: I ordered two 75' rolls for a two 32' boats. I got 100' and a 50' (obviously would not work). Their response: Reorder it again. Return what we gave you.

Product Appearance: Looks nice, a little smoother then 3m version.

Installation: Material felt very very brittle. Adhesive was very strong right out of the gate. Not too repositionable. Air release properties felt like very early versions of the 3m ij35.

Overall: Material looked nice, price was good. Ordering and company demeanor are horrible. Product adhesive is really bad for installation in big sections such as boat wraps. Wax paper is flimsy and ripped a lot. I would not buy the product again unless had to.
We honestly just ordered some brushed aluminum vinyl from them about a month ago. They were significantly cheaper than other vendors we deal with, so we decided to give them a try. I don't have any complaints about the product as it was just installed on a smooth wall surface and it looked nice, however I will agree with you on the customer service. We order the vinyl about 5 days before we needed it which didn't seem like a problem because it said "3 day shipping" supposedly. Well on day 4 I called them to ask about the product, because the shipping label was made but hadn't made it to a UPS store yet. They told me that it sometimes takes a while to get to the UPS to ship out, but "mysteriously" it wasn't an hour later that I received a notification that the product checked in the the UPS store. We ended up getting the vinyl a week after ordering it with 3 day shipping.

datoshway

No point in risking your business reputation on unproven and garbage material. I never understood the mentality of that. Just pony up buy the right stuff and charge for it.

For sure. Sometimes (in this case) the customer wanted it but had a small budget so I made that decision. Just wanted to share my opinion of the product. The product is a nice product once it's installed. It's just a nightmare to install. Doubled installation time.

HulkSmash

For sure. Sometimes (in this case) the customer wanted it but had a small budget so I made that decision. Just wanted to share my opinion of the product. The product is a nice product once it's installed. It's just a nightmare to install. Doubled installation time.

I understand that, but take it from someone who has been there and done that. You don't know the failure rate. If your customer is cheap let them move on. Not worth doing a job that is going to fail. The vivid stuff is garbage.