• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wall graphics

bayviewsignworks

I'm wondering what digital print vinyl/lam (we'll use matte) people like to use for wall graphics. The client's wall (330" x 95") will be painted and ready for application. It does not need to be removable. We have a Roland VG2 540. Also, any advice on the wall paint, ie. latex, gloss, semi gloss... etc.? Thank you.

10sacer

I'm wondering what digital print vinyl/lam (we'll use matte) people like to use for wall graphics. The client's wall (330" x 95") will be painted and ready for application. It does not need to be removable. We have a Roland VG2 540. Also, any advice on the wall paint, ie. latex, gloss, semi gloss... etc.? Thank you.
Better do an adhesion test.
Low VOC paint sux for adhesive vinyl. I've had CV3 that barely adhered to it. Paint needs to outgas for at least two weeks prior to install (preferably more)

ikarasu

We usually use ij40 / 8510 for stuff that will be cleaned with chemicals a lot -

Or a canvas phototrx material for stuff that won't be cleaned daily.

John_Smith

Enjoying retirement in Central Florida
for the wall prepwork - tape a large drywall knife to a broomstick and scrape the entire wall a few times to remove any foreign matter such as roller fuzz, dirt, rocks, dried paint, nail hole domes, etc etc etc. The smoother the wall, the better your graphics will look.
drywall knife.jpg