• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wall Mural Newbie- need help!!

poe1013

Hey Everyone, looking for a tip or trick to help me out. I'm new to installing wall murals and everything is going pretty good except it's a PITA on the last panel I install. With the bleed on the top and then having a bleed on the edge, I'm finding it difficult to tape in place since I'm running into the ceiling and the adjacent wall. And then trying to tape a hinge that will stay is almost impossible. I need the panel to stay in place well because I have some pretty gnarly seams to line up.

Hopefully someone can make sense of this and give me a trick to use or advice of any kind.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
This might work,
take a fist sized piece out of the backer/liner along each edge of your last panel low enough to be where your tape hinge would be.
Use the exposed adhesive to tack your panel up and adjust the seam alignment. With just the 2 smaller patches sticking to the wall adjustment should not be too hard.
I think I saw this method used on wrap tutorial from Justin Pate. He just ripped the liner off but I think I would pull it away and cut it to avoid the ripped edges getting stuck to the material.

wayne k
guam usa

boxerbay

we pull down the first six inches of the backer from the top and fold back. you will also want to check to see if your panels have stretched or not. stretch is your biggest challenge with wall murals and that depends on the material used and the way you install it.