• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wallpaper Substrates

Magda

Hi All,

We’re expanding into wallpapers, and discovered pretty early on that there is a sea of materials to choose from.

Currently, we would print on Dreamscapes, and the pre-paste HP wall media for DIY-ers.

Our clients are very design conscious and I feel like with the above we’re missing rich textures... like grass-paper wallpaper... or very fabricy-feel substrates.

I see the grasspaper wall coverings everywhere now, and our suppliers cannot point me into the right direction - so I thought to ask here:

- where do you source your fabric wallpaper substrates. I’m assuming they are not pre-pasted.

Stinky Prints

Great question Magda! What printer are you using? Word of warning.... We've been using HP's Durable Smooth PVC and would be interested in a product that has better dimensional stability. Manufacturers claim their products are compatible with our Latex 365, but we'll typically see panel misalignment over 1/4" in 8' on HP's wallpaper products. This is a deal breaker for high end wallpaper. Anyone print wallpaper on a HP Latex 3xx and have luck with the panels being exact? We're a small shop and don't have the resources to beta test every product out there (since the manufacturer's can't seem to get it right, even after we've enable 'long print mode' and calibrated our substrate advance). Any experienced 3xx series wallpaper printers out there have a product they love?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Hi All,

We’re expanding into wallpapers, and discovered pretty early on that there is a sea of materials to choose from.

Currently, we would print on Dreamscapes, and the pre-paste HP wall media for DIY-ers.

Our clients are very design conscious and I feel like with the above we’re missing rich textures... like grass-paper wallpaper... or very fabricy-feel substrates.

I see the grasspaper wall coverings everywhere now, and our suppliers cannot point me into the right direction - so I thought to ask here:

- where do you source your fabric wallpaper substrates. I’m assuming they are not pre-pasted.

I have many unique choices, but the best thing I have that you can show them is this: https://thebigfishdigital.com/dimense-3d-printer it will be the biggest door opener in that industry.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I have many unique choices, but the best thing I have that you can show them is this: https://thebigfishdigital.com/dimense-3d-printer it will be the biggest door opener in that industry.
I see that on your instagram a lot. it's pretty damn neat.

We print on phototex. not the cheapest stuff, but put it though the colorado in matte and it looks beautiful.
on that note, canon have a great range of wall coverings.

Magda

Great question Magda! What printer are you using? Word of warning.... We've been using HP's Durable Smooth PVC and would be interested in a product that has better dimensional stability. Manufacturers claim their products are compatible with our Latex 365, but we'll typically see panel misalignment over 1/4" in 8' on HP's wallpaper products. This is a deal breaker for high end wallpaper. Anyone print wallpaper on a HP Latex 3xx and have luck with the panels being exact? We're a small shop and don't have the resources to beta test every product out there (since the manufacturer's can't seem to get it right, even after we've enable 'long print mode' and calibrated our substrate advance). Any experienced 3xx series wallpaper printers out there have a product they love?
Thank you for your response.
We print on Canon Colorado. We're also getting roll-to-roll addition on your Canon Arizona.
We had a 360 and later a 580 - but retired them. There was often no color consistency.

We got the Colorado to specifically print wallpaper.
But when it works - it works great for other application.

We also had the HP R2000 - and even on that we had color inconsistency and / or panels did not match in length.
We were told it's since the media is being heated.