• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

We need a trimmer. Is this one a good one?

threeputt

The attached file shows a trimmer (63") that a sign supply house would like to sell me. He says they can hardly keep them in stock. Yeah, I know, they're from China, but are they any good?

Anyone use one like this. Sorry for the low quality, but that's all I've got.

Attachments

• Rotary Trimmer copy.jpg
    Rotary Trimmer copy.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 95

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
We've had a 102" Keen Cutter for a few years now and use it all the time. Our setup is with the extra cost table and is the Javelin model which has a higher accuracy rating than their lesser models.

It appears that the one you're considering is a rotary blade while mine is a utility blade running in a slot. Both do a good job on films, banners and masked films. Not sure what the rotary would do with PVC foam board and coroplast. The Keen Cutter easily cuts 1/8" and 1/4" softer substrates. If that's important to you then I would check whether or not the one you're considering will handle that kind of cutting.

threeputt

My only interest for this particular piece of equipment is cutting large prints down to size. Set it up between the output side of the laminator and another large landing table.

Would like to either see one operate or hear from someone with this very apparatus.

BrianKE

It appears that the one you're considering is a rotary blade while mine is a utility blade running in a slot. Both do a good job on films, banners and masked films. Not sure what the rotary would do with PVC foam board and coroplast. The Keen Cutter easily cuts 1/8" and 1/4" softer substrates. If that's important to you then I would check whether or not the one you're considering will handle that kind of cutting.

How do the cutters (rotary and/or utility blade) do with PVC? Is that considered a softer substrate?

Have you tried scoring and snapping aluminum with your cutter?

TIA