• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

wEBSITE FOR VEHICLE TEMPLATES?

ONLINE SIGN GUY

Hey Everyone, I know you can purchase software that contains vehicle layouts for setting up wraps and other vehicle graphics, is there a website that is a pay per use that you know of, i have a couple of customers that want some winshield header decals, thought that migh help, not to mention the other advantages of designing?

That being said, is there any tricks to figuring out the curve of a windshield to ensure proper curve place ment when designing?

:thankyou:

d fleming

Myself I just run my tape measure across the top of windshield from left to right, then measure the distance from your tape to the the windshield in the middle. Use the rear view mirror to judge the middle easily. This distance is the amount of horizontal bow you wnat to apply in your software to your design.

Attachments

• ws.jpg
    ws.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 91

Kemble

Myself I just run my tape measure across the top of windshield from left to right, then measure the distance from your tape to the the windshield in the middle. Use the rear view mirror to judge the middle easily. This distance is the amount of horizontal bow you wnat to apply in your software to your design.

:thumb: That's what I do.

Jesse_gvi

As far as I've seen, the windshields in the templates are incorrect, except maybe the rear windshields of pickups. The templates are a straight-on views of angled windshields, so they're squished.

ONLINE SIGN GUY

Thanks all, great idea, makes sense, my only question is in regards to the mirror, you said use it as the "center" by that do you mean the mount of the mirror would be in the center of the decal up and down, or do you mean use it at the center of the top of decal?

:U Rock: