• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Websites - Suggestions?

speedmedia

Caleb,
Overall not to bad. Better than some I have seen that claim to be "great website designers".

The first one the biggest thing that bugs me is the background. It is just busy and interferes with the important stuff. I would adjust that or make it not so apparent.

The 2nd one is not bad either. It looks like a typical small time band website.

The things you have going for you right off the bat is the fact that you kept navigation easy to follow and clean and kept each page uniform with good contrast.

Thanks,
Kurt

HaroldDesign

Thanks guys. I didn't realize the background in Imperial's was that noticeable. As for the band - any ideas on making it less "typical", that's what bugs me about it and I haven't thought of how to make it look it more "professional". Good to know they're easy to navigate.

HeavyHitter

Looking good. You may want to look at adding keywords to the code. SEO is very important if you want people to find the site. Its like putting up a store with no sign pointing people to you.

You can find good videos on SEO on:

www.lynda.com

www.youtube.com (just search SEO)

I am sure you are already thinking about it. If not then there you go.

If you want to keep an eye on what the sites are doing install the plugin SEO Quake to Firefox. That is if you are running Firefox for your browser. SEO Quake is a useful tool that may help you see things you have been overlooking.

Off subject... for those running Firefox and working on sites the following are handy plug ins:

FireBug (must have)
ColorZilla
Measure It (must have)
SEO Quake (mentioned above)

There are many other plug ins for Firefox. The above listed are ones I use all the time.

Dan

HaroldDesign

Thanks Heavy Hitter. This is something I know I need to do yet, especially for the Imperial site. I like the idea of using Quake for the Imperial site. I use awestats (on Siteground server) for the A Line Between site. Thanks for the suggestions and PM!

~ Caleb

HeavyHitter

Thanks Heavy Hitter. This is something I know I need to do yet, especially for the Imperial site. I like the idea of using Quake for the Imperial site. I use awestats (on Siteground server) for the A Line Between site. Thanks for the suggestions and PM!

~ Caleb

Caleb,

For checking stats on a daily basis I would recommend signing up for Google Analytics. It is free. A very good tool to track with. I use it on all of my sites.

Dan