• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Weird error on a HP 365

ABF Graphics

(work computer)

Yes. Is there other software or processes that I should be using when ripping something? (Converting it to an EPS or using VersaWorks or something similar)

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Well that's your issue. Flexi can't process the file correctly. That preview image doesn't have anything to do with the actual print data that is sent to the printer.

EPS is old and I don't recommend using it. You are probably using some complex shade or something and saving it as PDF correct? Flexi doesn't have the real Adobe PDF engine.
It's just something you have to live with if you use Flexi or Versaworks(doesn't have APPE either). And you can't use that HP on Versaworks, so it's already out of the question.

You would be better of with Onyx or Caldera which both have the real Adobe PDF engine that can handle those complex files with no problems.
And yes, that is why they cost significantly more money than Flexi.

Last edited:

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
If the rip is the problem you should be able to rasterize the image and that should take care of the issue. What version of Flexi are you using?

ABF Graphics

The current subscription version. We switched over from Flexi 10. We used Versa Works to print and got fairly decent, reliable results. In my experience Flexi doesn't handle transparency absolutely perfectly as this design had some. (I saw the menu for transparency and almost giggled. I grew up with Photoshop and am used to using multiply & screen instead of lighten / darken) I hadn't thought about turning it into a raster image, that could be a cheap fix for now.