• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Weird problem with Chrome

Colin

A few days ago, I started having this strange thing happen with my Chrome browser. Every time I open a new browser window, and click on "Favourites" and begin to hover down over the this list, the Favourites list disappears (pops closed) within a second or two. If I try it a second time (in the same window) it works normally. It happens every time with a new browser window, and it's driving me crazy. Any ideas what would cause this?

J Hill Designs

Yeah I meant delete bookmarks one by one that you have added over the past few days (up to directly before this started happening) but it makes it tough if they keep rearranging

Colin

I can see how that might find a culprit (if one of them is causing it), but I want these favourites. shrug

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
You don't make your "favorites" one-click, like so?

a98.jpg

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
As you can see, I too have a folder where I keep ALL my favorites, I just put my most common links directly in the bar.

Colin

As you can see, I too have a folder where I keep ALL my favorites, I just put my most common links directly in the bar.

That's a good idea, I might try that. I'm not sure though how that addresses my present issue.

jriley

Is this a new thing? You could have Chrome extensions that are causing these glitches. Try turning off your extensions and see if it still happens. Unfortunately, unlike Mozilla Firefox and IE, chrome doesn't offer a full reset feature. You'd have to backup your bookmarks and uninstall/reinstall for a full refresh.

Craig Sjoquist

some of that is operating system trying work with ya, your mouse may not be hovering fast or pointed correct or slight touch or movement with hands knows mine does strange stuff like when typing, copy many times ends up on a different line or word, unless I'm careful then all works fine, even the favorites list goes good if I just slow done & know what i do & make sure.

Colin

Further on this, I've discovered something which might explain this (but still unsure how to correct it).

When I click on the Chrome icon in the bottom/left of my screen, the Chrome browser window that appears, has two tabs for Google (my default page). I'm pretty sure that before this problem started, there was just one Google tab (plus the default little blank tab). I also notice that if I wait a few seconds before going to my Favourites list, the list doesn't disappear as described in the OP. So as that additional Google tab takes time to load/draw, I suspect that it is causing the problem. So how do I set it so that only one main Google tab is there?

*I also note that if I instead right-click on the Chrome icon, and select "New Window", I don't get the double Google tab up top. Weird.

Attachments

• ss.jpg
    ss.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 85

qmr55

Further on this, I've discovered something which might explain this (but still unsure how to correct it).

When I click on the Chrome icon in the bottom/left of my screen, the Chrome browser window that appears, has two tabs for Google (my default page). I'm pretty sure that before this problem started, there was just one Google tab (plus the default little blank tab). I also notice that if I wait a few seconds before going to my Favourites list, the list doesn't disappear as described in the OP. So as that additional Google tab takes time to load/draw, I suspect that it is causing the problem. So how do I set it so that only one main Google tab is there?

*I also note that if I instead right-click on the Chrome icon, and select "New Window", I don't get the double Google tab up top. Weird.

Click the three lines in the top right to get a drop down list, then click settings. It will open up chrome settings page. Look for the spot like in my attached photo and see if yours is different than that.

If "Open specific set of pages" is checked, click set pages and make sure only 1 google page is listed. Then see if that fixes your problem.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    13.2 KB · Views: 84

Colin

Thanks; yes, there was two Google pages listed, so I deleted one. Unfortunately the issue of the Favourites list disappearing remains.