• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what do you think?

TrustedImages

Stay away from water based printers! Way too expensive to print on and the prints aren't as durable as solvent prints even with the lamination!

Techman

nothing worng with water based printers. I had two,, still have one. They still have a place. They getting low in price and are fine to learn upon. There is a lot more to printing than just hooking one up. They are not desktop machines.
Learning how to profile, color correction, laminate and other details on a used machine is exactly what I did. Ink is so cheap now that its no longer a factor. Supplies can be had for half price. So as far as media costs go its not a factor.

TrustedImages

Very good points Techman! I wasn't thinking of the learning on them. That's very true. If printing is just something that you are "thinking" of getting in to and don't really have a high high demand for it right now. A used one for a cheap price would be a good thing. You can usually get a used water based printer for around $3000-$5000 if you shop around.