• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What Happened??? bad color shift

racershawn

Hi all! I am going out of my mind. I am not sure what happened but for some reason my colors in any Image file have gone crazy. All my cmyk RGB or any vector colors are right on. If i print a jpg or anything out of photoshop (mostly in the grays) the print is green??!! I have played with everything I can think of.. I have flexi 8.5 and a prismjet. I also have a valujet.. same files print great... Please help!

The image was brushed silver alum

Attachments

• IMG_9036.jpg
    IMG_9036.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 135

Custom_Grafx

If some files print ok and some don't, then it's not a problem with your printer.

You are most likely printing directly from photoshop with one or more of the settings out of whack.

Save it as a tif and apply the right profile, then send the tif to your rip and see what happens.

signswi

Yep, most likely double-applying color management. If you're printing out of PS to Flexi and Flexi is doing color management you need to tell Photoshop that the printer will handle the output color settings. Just guessing at your workflow, I haven't used Flexi.

racershawn

fixed it... I do not understand it at all... I ran out of LM & LC ... printer did not warn me! once I replaced them both and sucked some ink in, everything started working just fine!!! thanks for the advice guys!!