• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is best profile to convert RGB to CMYK in photoshop?

depps74

When you convert a file in photoshop from RGB to CMYK what profile is best to use? Euroscale uncoated, Coated, SWOP2, GRAcol, etc..... to is it best to just leave it as an RGB file and let Onyx do the work?

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
When you convert a file in photoshop from RGB to CMYK what profile is best to use? Euroscale uncoated, Coated, SWOP2, GRAcol, etc..... to is it best to just leave it as an RGB file and let Onyx do the work?
Why not experiment and test your options?

MHester

I agree on lettng the RIP software do the conversion. I have Flexi as my RIP, and always let it do the RGB to CMYK conversion instead of photoshop. Doing so seems to give me brighter colors when the item prints, mainly because my RIP software knows how to convert it correctly to my 6 color printer. CMYK + LM + LC.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I agree on lettng the RIP software do the conversion. I have Flexi as my RIP, and always let it do the RGB to CMYK conversion instead of photoshop. Doing so seems to give me brighter colors when the item prints, mainly because my RIP software knows how to convert it correctly to my 6 color printer. CMYK + LM + LC.
an FYI, that's technically a 4 colour printer. Light cyan and magenta aren't extra colours. As all they do is replace cyan/magenta at lower ink coverages so the prints are less grainy in highlights.
Additional colours would be +orange, green, violet. etc.