• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is the machine that can do this process? UV 3d labels? not a sticker?

depps74

I have turned away too many clients for jobs that are needed as cut lettering but too small to do as cut lettering. What is this process and what machine makes it possible?

BVG

Pauly and I went down this rabbit hole a few weeks ago. UV DTF transfers is the term the Chinese manufacturers use and will put you on the right path. The process is pretty straight forward, although hard to mass produce.

The film comes in 2 parts - sheet A and sheet B.

Sheets A is placed facing with the exposed adhesive upwards on a flatbed UV printer. You run you prints with a white base, then colour on top. Then you remove from the printer and laminate with sheet B, putting the adhesive on sheet B face down onto the adhesive and ink of sheet A.

Peeling the sheets apart, the UV ink and the adhesive behind it from Sheet A (only where the UV ink was ) is lifted onto sheet B, Then you can apply like normal cut vinyl.

Looks really interesting, but having to use a flatbed and being limited to printing on sheets with exposed adhesive looks like a PITA.

johnnysigns

Dave, I have someone that does this stuff. I think we lost their sample books in the flooding after IDA, but I should be able to find their information.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
The mass-produced ways uses some harmful chemicals and processes. I'm not 100% familiar with it but i have a client who gets stuff similar mass-produced and has to be done in china,

GB2

Old Member
You should do a search for Direct To Film or DTF printing but check this out....looks just like what you are looking for:

dreko

My A and B film just arrived this week. I'm planning on running tests with our UV printer. It looks pretty straightforward. You're essentially printing your UV image to a transfer and release paper setup...

mr-blue

Dreko, looks like you do many interesting things. ;) I found this UV-DTF when surfing YouTube-videos (Cosmox-Printers an others) and wrote to the manufacturer. He says this ist possible only with flatbed-printers because you have to print film A on the glued side. As wrote in the other thread im interested in the LEC2-300 - but its a roll-to-roll. Now I think, you could do this with a roll to roll too, if you cover the glue, where the transportation rolls of the printer are or if you stick the film on a cardboard. Have you get it to work?

Last edited:

dreko

Still waiting for a little down time before trying, I'm pretty positive it will work. Flatbed printer is only to make it 'easier' to keep in place and held down. You can use the LEC to accomplish the same thing with some creative thinking :)

depps74

Pauly and I went down this rabbit hole a few weeks ago. UV DTF transfers is the term the Chinese manufacturers use and will put you on the right path. The process is pretty straight forward, although hard to mass produce.

The film comes in 2 parts - sheet A and sheet B.

Sheets A is placed facing with the exposed adhesive upwards on a flatbed UV printer. You run you prints with a white base, then colour on top. Then you remove from the printer and laminate with sheet B, putting the adhesive on sheet B face down onto the adhesive and ink of sheet A.

Peeling the sheets apart, the UV ink and the adhesive behind it from Sheet A (only where the UV ink was ) is lifted onto sheet B, Then you can apply like normal cut vinyl.

Looks really interesting, but having to use a flatbed and being limited to printing on sheets with exposed adhesive looks like a PITA.
IT does sound like a PITA, but I need to try and see if its worth it. What can I expect to shell out a small flatbed or the smallest flatbed?

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
Wow, I'm definitely going to try this. We have a LEF-20 that we used to use for awards for running events and triathlons but with Covid it's just been sitting there... We usually use small pieces of removable double sided tape to hold sheets of film down to the platen since we don't have a vacuum on it.

vw2234

Hello! I'm actually looking for someone who can make these stickers in state. Has anybody figured out this process yet? TIA!