• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is this crap?

Commando

It is only happening on one end. It is also only happening right around the numbers. I have never seen this before. Could it be static? It is happening on 3M EGP sheeting
Mimaki jv33 printer

Commando

print.jpg

Commando

Seems to only do it on black. I read on some UK site it was static, but it is only happening with black? Does that sound possible?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I see that same thing when we print on that as well with ours. That material is not really intended for us to print on like that. I forget exactly what settings I did to eliminate it (its been over a year since I've printed any of that) but I think it was to print slow mode, uni directional, and a different number of passes than we normally run - for some reason I want to think it was a lower number like 4 or 8 or something.

Commando

I see that same thing when we print on that as well with ours. That material is not really intended for us to print on like that. I forget exactly what settings I did to eliminate it (its been over a year since I've printed any of that) but I think it was to print slow mode, uni directional, and a different number of passes than we normally run - for some reason I want to think it was a lower number like 4 or 8 or something.

I did some earlier on some different signs and I used 8 pass. It still did it. The pic I posted was with 16 pass.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Print on clear and overlay the reflective if it isn't printing well.

mpn

Seems to only do it on black. I read on some UK site it was static, but it is only happening with black? Does that sound possible?

In our case it is. The way we have fixed our issue is a piece of butcher paper hanging like a drape off the back down to the roll. Makes kinda like a shroud and it has helped wonders when our Epson does that.

Commando

In our case it is. The way we have fixed our issue is a piece of butcher paper hanging like a drape off the back down to the roll. Makes kinda like a shroud and it has helped wonders when our Epson does that.

Here in a bit I am going to ground the printer. I will let yall know if it helps.

paperstrategies

I'd say static is definitely a possibility. I know that black and cyan are more prone to static than other colors. Have you checked humidity levels? And I would have to agree with the above comment. Uni-directional and slow mode.

mpn

We've had to deal with static running offset equipment all the time.You just need to find a way to disrupt it before it gets to your print area. The way our shop heats and cools throughout the day (very little change) produces the exact problem you're experiencing.