• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is your ink limit?

Guerilla Grafix

I'm not sure what my ink limit is, what that is, or how I'd figure that out, but my Epson F570 prints 8.5x11 inch designs for pennies and larger designs 12"x24" for less than a dollar

500orange

Total ink limit is the maximum amount of all ink combined on one area. At CMYK printers maximum is 400% (C100+M100+Y100+K100). For me it is the hardest thing to set right and when you change it you need to do the ICC profile all over again. It does affect color gamut and the print costs as you pointed out. Generaly I started to notice all dealers and canned settings are too generous with ink limits.

Guerilla Grafix

Total ink limit is the maximum amount of all ink combined on one area. At CMYK printers maximum is 400% (C100+M100+Y100+K100). For me it is the hardest thing to set right and when you change it you need to do the ICC profile all over again. It does affect color gamut and the print costs as you pointed out. Generaly I started to notice all dealers and canned settings are too generous with ink limits.
Ohh ok. Thank you for the info. I just got a Mimaki CV150 delivered yesterday. It has 8 ink cartridges.

The technician can't come out until April to set it up. I'll ask him about ink limits and see if he can set those and the ICC profiles to the optimal levels, so l have a better understanding and don't have to mess around with it.

Ohh ok. Thank you for the info. I just got a Mimaki CV150 delivered yesterday. It has 8 ink cartridges.

The technician can't come out until April to set it up. I'll ask him about ink limits and see if he can set those and the ICC profiles to the optimal levels, so l have a better understanding and don't have to mess around with it.
Custom profiling with rasterlink will not be a free service and chances are the tech probably doesn’t do color services.

Tons of material specific profiles available on the Mimaki site.