• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question What length roll do you run in your 64in Printers?

bannertime

In the HP 300/305 Series the roll weight limit is 92.6lbs. We've been running 90ft lengths of 63in material for the sake of ease, and it falls well below that limit. I've tried two rolls of 165ft lengths of 63in and while it runs fine, there are some stress noises. The 63"x165' comes in at 97lbs, with packaging. according to a UPS label. Last time I cut off about 25ft for some cut vinyl banners and then the rest went through the printer. This time it was loaded directly in. Probably won't use that length anymore unless people have been consistently running it.

So, I'm just curious what length 13oz material people are running.

Last edited:

SkyHighJK

We'll run rolls that are 63" x 150' on our 360/365 ....
Besides the physical effort of actually loading the roll itself, we've never experienced any issues. Those weight limits are there for safety purposes and to make sure the user doesn't do anything crazy; in actuality I wouldn't be surprised if you can go over it by 10 or even 20%.

-Jordan

electricfly

Also use the shorter rolls as we don't do a lot of banners.
If I was printing more would go with the longer rolls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Christian @ 2CT Media

We are now running 54" x 300' Rolls of SAV from Avery in our 360. They are 95lbs and 9" diameter.

Biggest roll of Scrim we run is 63" x 115' of 15oz Blockout and it weighs in at 93.5lbs.

bannertime

It isn't fun having to move around a 97lb roll. My horizontal racks aren't meant for it, so I have to move it from vertical storage to horizontal. Definitely easier with two people, but I've done it myself. Only 15oz I use is 38" and my SAVs are just 54" so this was the only roll I use that's longer than 54". I typically only go through about two of the 64" rolls a month, so it's not like I'm having to change it out every day.

I started thinking about it, and I'm wondering if that 92lbs was specifically for the loading tray. Didn't have any issues printing from the full roll of 165'. It's a better deal than the 90' rolls and actually seems to be a better material than Forward banner. So we'll probably keep using it. Thanks for the info guys.