• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What the #$&% is up with new notebook computers in 2019?

brycesteiner

I think the OP just wants to express is dissatisfaction that all of the new processors for laptops have a lot of potential but the manufacturers throttling them so they can make them thinner, lighter and cooler.
He really doesn't want a new one, just to express his opinion.
The laptops in 2019 are tremendously faster than his 2011, which was also limited compared to desktops when it came out.

WildWestDesigns

I think the OP just wants to express is dissatisfaction that all of the new processors for laptops have a lot of potential but the manufacturers throttling them so they can make them thinner, lighter and cooler.

It is what it is. Especially when wanting to stick with the consumer lineup of laptops, but wanting to throw a prosumer workflow to it. Those things are at odds with each other.

I'm not talking about a couple of 2D graphics software and that's it. But include 3D, I would suspect serious CAD/CAM workflow as well (or at least wanting the potential for it to be able to handle some series CAD/CAM work). Not to mention hi rez video editing. Is he working in HDR or want to be able to handle HDR workflow even if it's eventually? Especially considering he is wanting this laptop to longer instead of the normal consumer life span of 2-3 yrs.

Given that he doesn't want that 2-3 yr lifespan, I'm surprised he is looking at one brand at all (not to mention them usually limiting options all the way around from the get go (among other things), even not taking into account lifespan, which has it's pros and cons with limiting that type of selection).