• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What UK supplier do you recommend for correx sheets

tanisha

Hi all, I'm looking to get my costs down so i can lower my prices for customers. Can you recommend any suppliers in the UK that have 4mm and 6mm correx sheets cut to size. For example, A3, A2 and A1. The only other solution i can see to get the lower prices is to buy a big sheet and cut myself. Do you recommend any cutters that can easily cut correx at a reasonable price? Tia.

tanisha

Can't comment on UK suppliers, but coroplast is very easy to cut by hand. Do you have the ability to print full sheets then cut down?

Either way, a sharp OLFA knife and a safety ruler is the cheapest/fastest.
Next would probably be one of these: https://www.keencut.com/product/steeltrak/
Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I think this is the route I will take for now, and then when I have more room I will look into the keencut.

MrDav3C

Who is your current supplier? Correx is quite inexpensive but not something we use much of to be honest. I'd recommend Amari or Perspex, both are very competitively priced and both will cut to size for you.

There are also hand tool cutters designed to fit in the corrugations in Correx which can make cutting easy (at least in one direction) will see if I can find an image / link.

Last edited:

Humble PM

If I'm lucky, one day I'll be a Eudyptula minor
I've had our SteelTrak for over a decade, and just shifted it for a third time to a new site. Took les thsan an hour to rebuild, install and make true. Cuts PVC, DiBond, Kapa, acrylic, and glass; would chomp through correx. Struggles with aluminium over 1mm. I've also got a Javelin bench for fine detailed finishing work. Javelin cutters are true to less than 1mm/m. Couldn't work productively without the SteelTrak

A few years ago at UK Sign & Digital show, saw some knock off versions, for around 60% of the price. Can't vouch for the quality, but were from a reasonable size dealer. If you're only planning on Correx, then you could get one of the less robust KeenCut, or Fletcher machines designed for picture framers, which include a cutting head for Card stock - a wall mounted, T-squared Stanley knife. They go for a quarter the price of a SteelTrak second hand.

Assuming you've got a reasonably flat 8x4 bench, you could knock up a jig (basically a glorified T-square) in half an hour, and could rip through sheets in no time.