• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What Vinyl to use suggestions....

BSL Graphix

Is there a good overall vinyl to use for PRINTED vehicle stripes, decals, and cut out letters? I generally use Oracal stuff now. I recently did a logo for a back window of a vehicle that included a printed logo, then underneath had customer name and phone number cut out, and I used ORACAL 3651RA, customer brought vehicle back 2 weeks later with some cut out letters peeling off. The printed logo was still fine, just a few of the cut out letters were missing. I was going to use the 3651 RA for a vehicle stripe order for a customers personal vehicle but now I am reconsidering. The stripes would be print and cut style side stripe graphics. any opinions? thanks!

BSL Graphix

thanks Pat! also....what's a good vinyl to use for decals for a car lot, the ones on the back bumper of vehicles they sell? thanks!

a77

3651 might not be the best for vehicles because it will shrink a bit, but it shouldn't be falling off?

Dennis422

To keep it semi affordable and still good.... 3751RA
To keep it even cheaper (Slightly)....... 3551RA

To keep it cheap...... any intermediate printable vinyl, but it is not recommended for anything than a small decals. Try even One Media that sells cheap vinyl and laminate, not saying bad material, just cheap price vise. (I'm getting my sample order in today)

InstantOneMedia

To keep it semi affordable and still good.... 3751RA
To keep it even cheaper (Slightly)....... 3551RA

To keep it cheap...... any intermediate printable vinyl, but it is not recommended for anything than a small decals. Try even One Media that sells cheap vinyl and laminate, not saying bad material, just cheap price vise. (I'm getting my sample order in today)

I think he means Instant One Media.

gnatt66

i dont know about most guys but ive had limited success with small text/cut letters with a print/ lam. esp calendared. i tend to print what needs printing and use cut vinyl for the lettering.