• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what's the best way to maximize space and minimize scrap setting up cuts in onyx

ADVANCED DISPLAY

ADVANCED DISPLAY
So I just started setting up cut lines in coreldraw for onyx to recognize and cut for me (as opposed to putting the cut lines and registration marks in myself then exporting the print and then the cut file)

Is there a trick to get the MOST space to cut and not waist as much material? I have a graphtec plotter and every time I do this, usually the the outermost part of the graphic won't cut. I have enough space in the margins that doing it the old way worked fine for me.

Just curious, if there's a certain way I'm supposed to set up the page size or something in the file. Thanks!

ikarasu

Have you turned on expanded area in your Graphtec?

Also its best to set the push rollers to the maximum edge they can be... Load it that way, then load your material inside of the push rollers and hit "Continue" then it'll trick it into giving it more space if your material lands in an odd spot.

We can pretty much cut edge to edge on the graphtec with the marks - you just have to play with it and load it perfectly... It's why when we upgraded we got the64" plotter.... We never cut past 54", but the extra 10" Saves so much time playing with and adjusting the media. It'd be nice if they made them 55" so you can easily cut 54" material