• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

When a customer comes in, what do you wait on the most?

TheSnowman

I just had a guy come in, and we had a 30 second conversation. When it came time for him to give me his contact info, it took him literally 3 minutes to look up his phone information because "he never calls himself so why would he know it?"

This would be alright if it only happened a few times, but it's literally three times a week. Anyone else deal this or similar things weekly? Or am I just that lucky?

Locals Find!

I have this happen all the time. When it occurs I use it as a way to up-sell the client on the need for a small order of business calling cards.

Rather than the Traditional Business card with a company name & logo I make them a nice card with there name and contact info and leave off the excess.

Usually some nice scrolling or something similar with there name in a pleasant font. Sell em an order of 250 for $50-$60 and you have a nice easy add on sale.

I have about a dozen pre-made designs then can choose from which makes selling them fast and easy.

TheSnowman

I have this happen all the time. When it occurs I use it as a way to up-sell the client on the need for a small order of business calling cards.

Rather than the Traditional Business card with a company name & logo I make them a nice card with there name and contact info and leave off the excess.

Usually some nice scrolling or something similar with there name in a pleasant font. Sell em an order of 250 for $50-$60 and you have a nice easy add on sale.

I have about a dozen pre-made designs then can choose from which makes selling them fast and easy.

That's not a bad idea, but sadly, these are not business people at all. If you are in this town and don't know your phone number, you are normally born before any type of land line was invented. Again, the sad part, we get them like 2 - 3 times a week.

Pat Whatley

Lately it seems the thing I wait on the most is for people to figure out what in the hell they came in for.

DAILY I get a customer who will tell me they want a banner, will finally determine the size, then it takes them 15 minutes to figure out what they want on it.

Locals Find!

That's not a bad idea, but sadly, these are not business people at all. If you are in this town and don't know your phone number, you are normally born before any type of land line was invented. Again, the sad part, we get them like 2 - 3 times a week.

That's why you market them as calling cards it was traditional back before phones that when you arrived at someones house or place of business you introduced your self with a calling card. This is where the business card was born from. You handed your card over to whoever answered the door introducing yourself and it was then given to whoever you were calling on.