• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

When sending to Versaworks...

GVP

Greetings!

Just to find out what the general concensus is: when outputting to Versaworks from CorelDraw as either an EPS or as a PDF, do you check the box "Apply ICC Profile" and if so, which one?

Rooster

Yes you do.

Always.

Otherwise the file will default to whatever you have specified as your default input profile. This can mess with your colors rather severely if you don't.

GVP

Just to be clear, I'm talking about the ICC box in Coreldraw. Why would you need to set the profile in Corel and in Versaworks - doesn't make sense to me.

B Snyder

Greetings!

Just to find out what the general concensus is: when outputting to Versaworks from CorelDraw as either an EPS or as a PDF, do you check the box "Apply ICC Profile" and if so, which one?

If the design is made up of spot colors from the Roland Color System I do not apply a profile. Otherwise, I do.
I never export as PDF. EPS always worked for me.

Rooster

Just to be clear, I'm talking about the ICC box in Coreldraw. Why would you need to set the profile in Corel and in Versaworks - doesn't make sense to me.

Color management requires an input profile. Say like an sRGB, although the input profile can be CMYK as well. It then requires an output or media profile.

It's how the colors transform between the input and output profile that creates the magic. Toss one of them out and you might as well not be using it.

javila

Por la misma razon que necesistas un dicionarie para leer esta oracion.

Color is a language, and every program needs a guide in order to interpret the information when transitioning between Digital -> Inks.