• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where to offer my printer for sale

Jim Hill

I have a Roland SP-300V, and I am trying to figure out where to offer it for sale

Thanks for your help.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I have a Roland SP-300V, and I am trying to figure out where to offer it for sale

Thanks for your help.
You could go through global garage, they take a big chunk, but they will help facilitate the sale. We sold our hp flatbed through them.

Terry01

I wouldn't sell it.. Keep it as a backup machine. The parts required to maintain them are readily available.

Jim Hill

I wouldn't sell it.. Keep it as a backup machine. The parts required to maintain them are readily available.
I am 75 years old and starting to have memory problems, so I ready do need to sell the printer, but I must admit it works as good today as the day it was brand new.
Anyone interested can see it working and printing.

I converted the printer a number of years ago so that it's just fine using Windows 10 and Versa Works software.

Terry, I agree with your comment the parts required are available, and I have replaced both heads, cap tops, dampers, encoder strip, and many other parts on this printer myself for years because I refused to pay the $300.00 trip charge for the Roland Tech to drive 14 miles my shop.

Jim

Terry01

I am 75 years old and starting to have memory problems, so I ready do need to sell the printer, but I must admit it works as good today as the day it was brand new.
Anyone interested can see it working and printing.

I converted the printer a number of years ago so that it's just fine using Windows 10 and Versa Works software.

Terry, I agree with your comment the parts required are available, and I have replaced both heads, cap tops, dampers, encoder strip, and many other parts on this printer myself for years because I refused to pay the $300.00 trip charge for the Roland Tech to drive 14 miles my shop.

Jim
I used a Roland tech 30 years ago, and never again.. I know exactly where you are coming from. Have just emailed a guy in Florida to see if he is interested.. Waiting on reply

Jim Hill

I used a Roland tech 30 years ago, and never again.. I know exactly where you are coming from. Have just emailed a guy in Florida to see if he is interested.. Waiting on reply
Someone mentioned advertising on E-Bay, but I have not used E-Bay for anything since 2005. I am sure what their selling and pricing is any more.
I was going to try using Craig's list, but I was warned about all the scams on it.

Jim

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Facebook marketplace is nice because it is local, ebay is ok but you will probably not want to deal with packing it up. Craigslist worked for me, if an offer seems shady it probably is but you are more likely to get someone that will come load it themselves. You could always run it by the peanut gallery here if you have any suspicions.

Jim Hill

Facebook marketplace is nice because it is local, ebay is ok but you will probably not want to deal with packing it up. Craigslist worked for me, if an offer seems shady it probably is but you are more likely to get someone that will come load it themselves. You could always run it by the peanut gallery here if you have any suspicions.
Well, I took your advice and the printer is now on Craig's list for sale. Thanks for your help. Jim

Goatshaver

I just sold my SP-540V on Craigslist in 1 day. Just disregard any offfers that seem too good to be true. Take cash or bank check only on pick up. Good luck!

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
The guy that bought mine drove down from Atlanta with a gun tucked in his waist band. I guess scams can work both ways and it's more likely that I'd be robbing him than him stealing my broke printer