• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Where to send in Graphtec FC7000mkt 160 Main board? to be fixed?

highrolling24

I know this is a older plotter but I got it and its like new, I had it hooked up across my office usbto ethernet to usb and into plotter and worked great for like 2 years all of a sudden I get cannot open port in flexi, looked it up and (signs101 to the rescue) says usb port on plotter not working to use the rs232 to serial cable with a tripp lite usb adapter so I pulled my plotter to connect directly to my computer and I got it to work with the adapter and a cable I made after a little messing around, Awesome! so then I unplugged the plotter to put it back and now I cant get it to hook up again. I see there is a place on ebay that says they fix a board for that but not sure if anyone has gone that route. I did see that someone sent it to anther company but I cant find that forum again, any help on what I should do or if anyone has some parts sitting around would be great, I really like this plotter.

Jeff grossman

Living the dream
I know this is a older plotter but I got it and its like new, I had it hooked up across my office usbto ethernet to usb and into plotter and worked great for like 2 years all of a sudden I get cannot open port in flexi, looked it up and (signs101 to the rescue) says usb port on plotter not working to use the rs232 to serial cable with a tripp lite usb adapter so I pulled my plotter to connect directly to my computer and I got it to work with the adapter and a cable I made after a little messing around, Awesome! so then I unplugged the plotter to put it back and now I cant get it to hook up again. I see there is a place on ebay that says they fix a board for that but not sure if anyone has gone that route. I did see that someone sent it to anther company but I cant find that forum again, any help on what I should do or if anyone has some parts sitting around would be great, I really like this plotter.
try calling plotter doctor 562-633-4132 they are fixing a power supply and a main board for me now - let you know how it goes they'll at least tell you over the phone if they can help

Asigns1

Try Global Electronics. They specialize in repairing circuit boards. They repaired all my boards in my roland sp 540 v printer. They are located in Texas & Georgia.

highrolling24

try calling plotter doctor 562-633-4132 they are fixing a power supply and a main board for me now - let you know how it goes they'll at least tell you over the phone if they can help
Thanks forgot about them, I thought they were gerber only, teck was cool told me to check the board to see if usb port solder was cracked or something, didnt see anything not sure I want to solder a new usb in, I see on ebay they will fix it for $450 but I think I need to send the whole plotter?

highrolling24

Try Global Electronics. They specialize in repairing circuit boards. They repaired all my boards in my roland sp 540 v printer. They are located in Texas & Georgia.
do you just send them the board you think is bad and they check it? Tried to call but left message they havent called me back, will try tomorrow again