• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Which large format UV Flatbed for preprinted thermoforming, please?

Sunney

Hi all,
New, from India with request for help.
Am into large format graphic Screen printing and digital vinyl printing.
Request your comments on pre-printed, thermoformed outdoor signs, market and possibilities.

When thinking green, a shift is must, from temporary signs to lasting signs and sign material.
Formed signs are not new, but has a space, especially with innovations, additions etc.

1. Is there a market or gone with the 'cheap Flexible media" revolution, worldwide ?
2. Looking for a Flatbed UV large format 4x8 ft. and above, to support screen printing, for small quantities. Thermoform compatible ink, and rotary extendable table for long signs, preferable.
Have to test waters, prefer a used one refurbished to start with.

Any words will be valuable help. Thanks in advance.

Andy D

We were looking into that & were considering the Mimaki because we heard that the inks were so flexible... Long story short: we had the dealer print to acrylic, we did one test pulling a pan-face, I thought it came out pretty good for our 1st try.. But the business owner didn't like change, so he ended any future testing.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
I recall seeing Oce demo thermoformed products printed on an Arizona about 2-3 years ago, and their inks are made by Fuji so this sounds right to me.

AlsEU

Ask your local Fujifilm distributor about the flatbed with KV inks. They are designed for vacuum forming (elongation up to 1000%, perfect 90 degrees angle).

jmcnicoll

I printed in on 126" vutek that had and ink set made for this. For just a pan face with nothing too close to the boarder it worked fine. However, but trying a form that also had some embossing it was very tricky to to get it to line up and be consistent. Lots of test and waste with embossing, pan faces all day long.