• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

white dots, satellites, fisheyes etc.. on vinyl print HELP!!

gottogo

Whatever thier classification is I have them appearing all over prints!!
Mutoh 1204
Kapco media
Zero static. I have every static devise made on machine.
Humidity 55%
Clean like a hospital
Media is covered
Jetbest bulk refillable 440
Tried several different rolls
Uped heaters
I get a better print at 1440×1440, but still a dot here and there. Less pass profiles are horrible to say the least. Looks like someone flicked a brush with white paint on the print.

Help!!!

Test prints. Pictures of a print? Sounds like contamination either from inside the printer as it goes through or wherever the media is sitting before printing.

gottogo

Test prints. Pictures of a print? Sounds like contamination either from inside the printer as it goes through or wherever the media is sitting before printing.

I'll have to post pics later, I have cleaned every inch of inside machine with a tack rag. I've even disassembled the entire machine to clean it. This is driving me crazy!!

I run a usb as my computers are very close to every machine. Could a network have anything to do with making this better? Or is that crazy.

Brink

How is the printer maintained? Too much oil or other lubricant on the linear slide such as that excess drips or splashes onto the vinyl as it comes through the printer? Not enough lube such as that bearings are wearing out and dropping wear debris? Oily felts at the linear bearing old and deteriorated and dropping small (dust sized) particles of oily felt?

gottogo

How is the printer maintained? Too much oil or other lubricant on the linear slide such as that excess drips or splashes onto the vinyl as it comes through the printer? Not enough lube such as that bearings are wearing out and dropping wear debris? Oily felts at the linear bearing old and deteriorated and dropping small (dust sized) particles of oily felt?

Slide, raceways, bearing all maintained and cleaned regularly. Idk what else could be causing this issue. I've read this happens to a lot of people, but I couldn't find any concrete answers anywhere on this forum in old posts.

Brink

I have a second machine next to it, same model, same media. I don't have the white spot issue on that 1204. So I can rule out the media as the culprit. I'm ready to throw this printer out the door!

Same model and same media... How about - Same Ink? Are you using OEM in the one that prints right and aftermarket in the one that fisheyes?

gottogo

Same model and same media... How about - Same Ink? Are you using OEM in the one that prints right and aftermarket in the one that fisheyes?

Same ink, well I tried new media 3165ra oracal. Same problemo. I did find a solution to make these dam dots dissapear. I have printed crystal clear prints today using oracal icc profiles 3551, 3165. I have to print with dither so or error diffusion and I have to use fine & fuzz 1 or 2 for wave form. Anything else and I get those dam dots!! At least it's printing perfect again, but have to stay within those perameters.:Big Laugh