• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

white ink

reQ

There is a specific color assigned for the RIP to print white, are you sure that you are using the correct color?

stickybizness

Post a picture or spend another 30 seconds taking the time to explain in detail what you mean.
I have a vector pic that is black with white letters in the middle when i print on transparent vinyl it will put my white underlay but it will leave my leteers clear

stickybizness

There is a specific color assigned for the RIP to print white, are you sure that you are using the correct color?
I use corel x3 with raster link pro 5sg and i turn my white on and it will print white under the black but will not print white letters

petepaz

we have roland printers with white ink and use versaworks. sometimes we have to just use the clear material profile even though it's solid/opaque material to trick the machine to print the white ink.

dvdcr

Not sure how to do this on R5 since I don't even know if you can combine layers in it.

What we do at my place is, convert anything that is white to 1% yellow in corel draw. Then in R5, make a white layer with pixels settings selected (not whole image).
Hope I am being clear....

Brink

I'm sorry I can't give specific step by step instructions. I had white when I first ordered my cjv30, but I was not using it and the printer was putting most of a $200 cartridge in the waste bottle. The offline maintenance cycle runs more often with white and silver installed. So I changed the machine out to be a CMYK only machine. It was a neat idea, but I could not afford to be throwing away that much ink to have white and silver available "just in case I want to use it".

I can point you in the right direction though:

When you create your document be it in Corel - Illustrator or what ever, you choose an unused color (spot color) lets say it's purple C35 M100 Y0 K0. You fill anywhere that you want the white to be with that purple spot. Then send to Rasterlink. Then in Rasterlink in the job editor, on the color edit tab there is another tab on the right side called color replacement. Create a replacement rule for your purple to substituted as white. It's not very intuitive to set that up, but that is where it's done. Good luck with that.

Here is a video that touches on that. [video=youtube;gvSE9DjbOAQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvSE9DjbOAQ[/video]

Last edited by a moderator: