• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Who does Domed Stickers?

splizaat

I am looking for someone to do a short run of domed stickers for me...probably 25-50 of them, printed then domed with resin/epoxy...Who on these forums does this??

Matt

briankb

Premium Subscriber
are they for PC's or something else? what is the size and shape (oval,round,square,custom)?

digitalwoodshop

I make Domed Stickers small scale...

I don't have a Printer like a Edge or anything like that....

I Sublimate on the clear or white Poly. Sublimate is special ink jet ink printed on a paper with a clay coating so it does not soak in.

Heat Press, 400 degrees, Pressure.... Sublimation = Solid to a Gas to a Solid without becoming a liquid.

I then stick the clear on white reflective. Manually cut them out then UV Dome over them. That is UV Cured one part Epoxy Dome using a black light.

Two strikes against them is the fact that the Sublimated Color will fade over time in the Sun and the UV Cure will yellow slightly over time....

You can't use Ink-jet ink with a UV Inhibitor to print stickers then epoxy dome over them as the UV Inhibitor will not let the sticker cure properly with the black light.

That is why one of the videos uses a clear sheet over the ink-jet printed stickers then dome over that.

That is also why they show 2 part air dry epoxy... It will cure better over ink-jet but I am still curious about why they were using the clear coat over the stickers...

SO the Air Cure 2 part is the industry standard.

I use the UV Epoxy Dome over Fiber Re Enforced Sublimated Plastic Tags.

Tags that don't spend all day out in the Sun.

So with all that.... I would not be a good choice for the stickers as I use Sublimation.

Would love to have a flatbed printer or a 15 inch Solvent Printer someday...

Search AccountabilityTag to find me dot com. And what I do.

AL

wildhock

Are the doming kits available from the cowboy and other suppliers a "flexible" urethane like dometag uses?

Thanks,

Jon

splizaat

The problem I've got right now is that I only need about 50 stickers made...as it is, dometag wants $75 setup which doesn't make sense to my customer for only 50 stickers to start :(