• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Who makes a good camo fill

PGSigns

Well hunting season is approaching and got a request for some camo vinyl. They are looking for the camo like Real Tree. I showed them the stuff I have in my Aurora print craft but it is not what they want. Any sources would be helpfull.
Thanks
Jimmy

VinylCraft

Avery Has some nice looking Mossy Oak and hard woods spendy stuff though, I havn't seen and nice camo fills.

signguy95

camoclad.com

We use it to install on everything and even cut stickers out of it! Best I have worked with so far!

Jay

GB2

Old Member
You have to be a little careful when printing camo fills, the well known ones like Real Tree, Mossy Oak, etc. are actually copyrighted. I think there may have been prior discussions here on this issue, do a search to see if you can find them. One suggestion was simply take some photos in the woods and use that.

WVB

I am not sure of the name/product but the camo squares you can buy in kit form that Fellers and some others use to sell are crap..! The local Fast Signs wrapped there Excursion outside as a demo type thing for the public to see... Not even a week later the panels were all popping up. They ended up printing the camo and redoing the install... Leaving the hood white so people could see the difference - I suppose...

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The ultimate solution is to make your own versions. The attachment is a screen shot of one of four camoflage filters that comes with this software. Each filter is capable of generating 30,000 variations and then rendering them as image files at extremely high resolution while also making them into seamless tile images (like Monster Wrap Fills from Aurora). In addition to the camo filters, they have an included library of more than 3,400 filters for different image types. In addition, you can make your own filters or modify and resave those that are already available.

The software is called Filter Forge. The Pro version sells for about 38% of the price Aurora sells Print Craft Suite for and is similar to the software that Aurora generates their fills with.

It is not for the faint of heart nor for those who use underpowered computers. If any of you decide to acquire and become proficient at using this package, I would be very interested in licensing the image fills you create and paying a continuing royalty as they sell.

Attachments

• ffcamo.jpg
    ffcamo.jpg
    519.7 KB · Views: 185