• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

WIDE FORMAT PRINTERS NEED SERVICING IN SASKATOON,SASKATCHEWAN

blancobricks

I have a couple Mimaki 60 inch, wide format Eco solvent printers that I need serviced. There is no local customer support for the company and I just need some one familiar with the machines to help me with a few issues and get them running properly. Looking to get this done as soon as possible and will pay cash or e-transfer .
Send me a email or text me my number is 13062417581

Attachments

• D2E19BF4-7465-4130-AEFF-27F00BAA373C.jpeg
    D2E19BF4-7465-4130-AEFF-27F00BAA373C.jpeg
    1,023.7 KB · Views: 169

blancobricks

Printer number 1 is a CJV30-130, 54 inch with a plotter, i cant get it to print at all, a little bit of color used to show up a bit when doing a test print but now nothing at all. i bought it last year for $7000 from a guy that said he ran his sign business with it, unfortunately i didn't get a chance to see it running before purchasing because he said his software expired and i took his word for it like a dummy. When I contacted Mimaki they reffered me to ND graphics, thats where the machine was purchased from but they wouldnt come look at it or offer me any kind of solution, The service guy told me he wasnt sure how to fix it with out seeing it but referred me to another fellow that told me to get all new ink and cleaning cartridges so i did that and got no results so at this point i was frustrated because i spent all this money and had all these big plans and was just stuck at a stand still.

Then i seen another printer for sale that was like pretty much the same printer as mine but newer so i thought if I could get it,I would be good to go then either have a extra one for parts or fix it and have 2. So I struck a deal with the guy to buy it and hustled every dollar I had to buy it for $8000, This time I watched him print with it and i seen lots of jobs they did with the printer so I felt good about it but then he had to leave town and it sat for a month in there basement before I could go pick it up and once i got it the black didnt work.

Printer number 2 has no plotter, Its Model is JV33-160, its a 60 inch. its newer, bigger and it works but the color black is clogged, other colors work but jus nothing shows up when i try to print anything black.

Both printers have been plugged in the whole time so they still turn on for a minute every few hours so im hoping there is just some kind of clog in the lines or in print head that can be washed out and fixed without having to replace completely.

I’m in Saskatoon, SK. Let me if you could help me out i know it will cost some money but i gotta get this figured out. Thanks for your time!

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
You’d have probably saved yourself a small fortune just getting (likely) a new head on the CJV.

we’ll need to see test prints (nozzle checks) and can you tell us what you’ve tried? For example I’d probably start off with a nozzle wash. Start it, put the cleaning liquid in and set it to whatever time you feel like, then once the head is parked over the capping station unplug it and leave it for a day or so.

Could be anything from faulty dampers, dodgy capping station, to needing a new head. Without a tech or a lot of info it’s hard to diagnose.

What’s your experience like with maintaining these printers? I take it you have the operators manual?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Since they sat for some time, I would pop a new cap top in, flush the pump tubes with a syringe and cleaning solution to make sure they aren't clogged, clean the surface of the head where the cap top meets up (avoid the nozzle area), and then run a 1-2 hour nozzle wash. This will start you out with a nice new cap that should seal properly with the head and then the nozzle wash will soak the nozzles in cleaning solution which hopefully breaks up the clogs. The heads on both machines are probably just clogged. The longer they are clogged, the less likely they will recover so it's not a guarantee they will recover even with new parts and nozzle washes.

The cleaning cartridges could still come in good use. Since the machines are older and have been sitting, it won't be a bad idea to flush the system. I would do it manually however instead of allowing the printer to run the flush cycle because you won't be able to flush it that way with a clogged head anyway and you don't want to use the new head as a filter!