• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Will It Work?

MartinJones

I have a customer that wants me to do some heat transfers on some shirts he purchased, they are Nike Dri-Fit work out shirts. I use Chemica Hot Mark film, does anyone know if it will stick? Ive heard bad things about "specialty" shirts. Thanx for any help!

Martin

Signchief

I have a customer that wants me to do some heat transfers on some shirts he purchased, they are Nike Dri-Fit work out shirts. I use Chemica Hot Mark film, does anyone know if it will stick? Ive heard bad things about "specialty" shirts. Thanx for any help!

Martin
There are specialty films made for specialty fabrics, I would look at the blend and then see if there is a material that will work for that fabric.

Mike_Koval

on poly/cotton blends, nearly anything is going to apply and be very durable. Whether its Stahls, Chemica, Siser or Thermoflex, adhesion is all suitable for that particular garment. With performance wear, you just need to be sure to choose a thinner, stretchable material to give you the best result. And as always, dye migration is a possibility on anything with polyester. If this is the case, you also need to be sure the material you are applying has a resistance to the poly dyes.