• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Window Cling

qmr55

Hey guys

Had a new customer come in today asking about removable graphics for their vehicles, they are a insurance group. First thing to mind was magnetics and they liked that but they want an option for something on window glass.

I told them about static cling but I want to find out more about the durability of it. Anyone ever use this stuff? Hows the durability? Anyone on here print it?

Also, is it removable? Can they use it for a weekend then take it off and store it and use it again in the future?

If not is there anything like that? For windows?

Thanks in advance for the info!

SignaramaFL

What you explain is window cling, it can go up on a window, be taken off and put back up at a later date. As far as it being on a car (while driving) I'm not too sure it would stay on very well. But I have yet to try either. And yes it is printable the material also comes in white and clear.

petepaz

static cling will work fine and be durable but only on the inside. if they are going to be driving the vehicles i wouldn't recommend static cling on the out side of the wndows

qmr55

Thank you guys, so the window cling won't last on outside? Only reason that may be a problem is with tinted windows!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Cling is generally rated at 6 months to a year. It will stay on the outside just fine but it MUST be removed regularly or it can literally fuse to the glass. When removed it is best stored on the liner it comes on. Avoiding any dirt or grit when applying is also important. The easiest way to apply is with water sprayed on first and then on the first surface of the cling so the squeegee will slide easily. Then just use a window washing squeegee to squeeze out the water.

qmr55

Cling is generally rated at 6 months to a year. It will stay on the outside just fine but it MUST be removed regularly or it can literally fuse to the glass. When removed it is best stored on the liner it comes on. Avoiding any dirt or grit when applying is also important. The easiest way to apply is with water sprayed on first and then on the first surface of the cling so the squeegee will slide easily. Then just use a window washing squeegee to squeeze out the water.

Thank you Fred, you cleared up all my questions!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Thank you Fred, minimum quantity?

Also when you say removed regularly, would them being on for a week +/- a day be too long?

Minimum is $15.00.

No, that's not too long. We had a guy leave them on his dark tinted rear window for 18 months. It took two hours with a razor scraper to get that one off.