• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Window install disaster.

Shadowglen

OK I have done many old school wet aps on windows in the past but my supplier and many on this forum suggest a rapid air vinyl with no wet aps. So what am I doing wrong. I printed 18" tall x 60" long graphics on oracal 3551 GRA with a 290 lam. I Cleaned the glass as always and did a center tape hinge method. right out the gate bubbles bubbles bubbles. Hate to go back to wet aps but this did not work at all. I gotta be doing something wrong. :banghead:

Shadowglen

Trapped dirt?

Nope window was clean I could spear the suckers and get the air out, but hell it would look like perforated vinyl by the time i was done with the amount of bubbles I had. Mostly pesky small ones bus some pinky nail size the would not travel out. not what i expected from this product at all.

Shadowglen

Where is the Egg on face Emoticon? Sorry guys just got off Phone with rep. Box says 3351GRA but backer says 3551-G I just assumed What I ordered is what I got. I will reprint the graphics on the right stuff. has this happened to anyone else? repack? screw up at factory?

Plopez210

i bet you need to apply more pressure when squeegeeing especially if youre outside, my new best friend is the oshee felt squeegee's highly recommend paired with a felted geek wraps squeegee, those are my gotos on wraps windows wraps what ever!

i always had bubble on cut vinyl and non air release's, all i did was apply more pressure to my swipe, hope this helps!

Plopez210

also tac and hinge from the top, not center, squeegeeing upwards dry is asking for trouble especially outside

petepaz

on a 60" wide 18" tall print?

yes just tape down the across the top and then roll from the bottom up. start removing the release liner and just squeegee down, unroll as you go. i do it with 30" x 72" prints on vending/soda machines

Shadowglen

yes just tape down the across the top and then roll from the bottom up. start removing the release liner and just squeegee down, unroll as you go. i do it with 30" x 72" prints on vending/soda machines

OK I will try this with the correct film. Man I did the center hinge method for years. Old Dog, new tricks. will be a hell of a lot easier to line up that way too.

Thanks Folks. now have Fred kill this thread before Stanton chimes in with his buck forty eight cents worth. :Big Laugh

phototec

OK I have done many old school wet aps on windows in the past but my supplier and many on this forum suggest a rapid air vinyl with no wet aps. So what am I doing wrong. I printed 18" tall x 60" long graphics on oracal 3551 GRA with a 290 lam. I Cleaned the glass as always and did a center tape hinge method. right out the gate bubbles bubbles bubbles. :banghead:

I use the Big Squeegee to apply window graphics dry, works great with NO bubbles.

[video=youtube;bTpPZ-k19OM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTpPZ-k19OM[/video]

[video=youtube;22dJT3tRmCw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22dJT3tRmCw[/video]

:thumb: