• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Windows W-T-F!!!

cOrKinSA

:banghead:Windows needed to restart my sh!t to apply it's freaking band-aids!!!:banghead:
Spent all day designing with various apps running along with an arrangment of websites opened (including this one) and I get shown a letter from our account department about a customer that had a check bounce so after getting off the phone with the client I see my monitor telling me to log in.
Huh.. Wah... I sure as hell know I disabled my MS hijack so I know it has to install when I say so, but then my little Windows bubble of knowledge on the bottom says some crap like "Now your PC is up to date"!
This is a Windows rant so if you feel that you have anything to say about any other OS, please be inclined to start your own thread.

Be back, I am gonna go buy a bottle for tonight!

SignsRus

Well windows auto updates has options for how it handles the updates it downloads if it's turned on. You can set it to install them when you say so. Instead of automatically and rebooting your machine without your permission. I've had same issue before =[[

Techman

Turn off your auto update. Turn it all off so it will only update when you say so.

This little added feature is becoming one of the most hated. Turn it off under services menu.

GK

Hey Techman.....where could I find the "services" menu? We have problems with these p.i.t.a. updates all the time, turn around and the cpu is rebooting. Thanks

go to the run command line and type services.msc and hit enter.

SebastienL

Windows, in all it incarnation suck. For me PC stands for Piece of Crap and www means World-without-Windows (Utopia).

I have Windows XP on my Imac with boothcamp. It as no reason not to work cause all Imac are the same, and this version of Xp is designed for mac, but still, it sucks eggs. Windows only care about Windows...

I'll stop here, cause I'm gonna get vulgar. I'll only say this: I beleive Bill Gates id the Antichrist.

Replicator

Hey Techman.....where could I find the "services" menu? We have problems with these p.i.t.a. updates all the time, turn around and the cpu is rebooting. Thanks

Control Panel, System, Automatic Updates . . . choose your options !

I have mine auto update daily at 3:am while i'm sleeping !