• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wiper Blade

Artworkinmotion

I have had a Mutoh 1324 since 2014. This is my third maintenance station replacement. I have had a problem with the wiper blade becoming fully saturated even when doing nozzle cleaning from the day I replaced this last station and wiper blade. What would cause this problem? I have never replaced the print head or the dampers.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Are you saying that there is more ink on the wiper than usual? I'm not sure what would cause that but wiper is something you should be cleaning fairly regularly so it's expected to have ink on it fairly often.

Joe House

If it's building up, failure to clean the wiper every week (thought it's not easy on that model) is probably one of the biggest causes of failure of the maintenance station. Ink build up will create extra resistance which will cause the gears and/or clutch to fail.
The wiper is a rubber-ish (may be silicone, not sure) so the wiper getting saturated doesn't make much sense to me. If you're saying that it is wet with ink, you may need to replace the dampers as the valves can get stuck open on those. Maybe if you send a picture of what you're seeing, it would help us better understand your situation.

Good Luck