• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wiper

MimakiGuy

I have a CVJ-300-130 plus. Yesterday I was getting an error at startup. It was about the wiper. It made some kind of crazy sounds and would never get past the startup screen.
Today, I try it, and no error. Everything is fine except the wiper is still making clicking sounds but seems to be moving around good.
Everything is clean and no ink is obstructing it.
Im wondering if something might be getting ready to stop working?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The wiper slides along a piece of metal and sometimes ink build up on there. Try cleaning that up and putting some grease on it. Basically if the wiper can't move smoothly, it doesn't end up at it's home position and gives you the error. It could be a bad sensor but since yours is making weird sounds, it's more likely getting jammed.

MimakiGuy

The wiper slides along a piece of metal and sometimes ink build up on there. Try cleaning that up and putting some grease on it. Basically if the wiper can't move smoothly, it doesn't end up at it's home position and gives you the error. It could be a bad sensor but since yours is making weird sounds, it's more likely getting jammed.
The slide part was fairly clean but i went ahead and cleaned it anyway. Now i got the error again. How can i move the head to apply grease? Its stuck on this screen
1659457403069.jpeg

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The slide part was fairly clean but i went ahead and cleaned it anyway. Now i got the error again. How can i move the head to apply grease? Its stuck on this screen
View attachment 160734
Yeah it's just not making it back to the origin. It's possible the motor is failing but that is very rare. You might try cleaning the sensor with some alcohol. Here's a picture of where that sensor is.
Wiper.png

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
How do I get to it?
If you take the cover off that covers the pump and below the maintenance station I believe it will expose the wiper sensor. It's hard without a picture to point out but the cover sort of looks like a glove box. Should be like 3 screws and it will come off.

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
this has happened to me before too. Take off as many parts as you need to really give it a good cleaning, make sure it slides back and forth smoothly and manually put it back in into it's home position and restart.

MimakiGuy

The sensor was free floating. I put it back in its spot. It still isnt working.
I am thinking I need a new sensor.

Last edited:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The sensor was free floating. I put it back in its spot. It still isnt working.
I am thinking I need a new sensor.
It's probably that but you can test it. Power on the machine while holding function and remote. Then go into the menus and you'll see a new one labeled, #Test. Go into that menu and look for the sensor option and hit enter. Then you should be able to find the wiper sensor in there. You can move a piece of paper in and out of the sensor and it should indicate if it's working on the screen.