• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wow, that's a high price

0igo

Vista prints is pricey compared to these guys in LA, but Gino is right, when I started off I was so worried about what my neighbor was charging that instead of making a bugger profit I was just hurting and stressing myself out. Once I learned that cheap doesn't always mean more business, is when my business grew.

Attachments

• 20160730_142050.jpg
    20160730_142050.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 103

BillyBoy86

or better yet, they use these sites to create the design and then screenshot and print off the design bring it to you and want you to "make it better looking" but you have to match their pricing
Haha all the time. I also work part time for a local screen print shop doing layouts and what not. Once a week at least. Thing is, his prices are actually lower than custom ink most of the time so when this happens he'll match the custom ink price. Usually they would have saved money if they just came to him without that online price

BillyBoy86

Vista prints is pricey compared to these guys in LA, but Gino is right, when I started off I was so worried about what my neighbor was charging that instead of making a bugger profit I was just hurting and stressing myself out. Once I learned that cheap doesn't always mean more business, is when my business grew.
I guess I'm not worried about not getting the business so much. Just found it a bit annoying that it happened multiple times in a few days. But one thing about vista print, I offer business cards and that sort of thing, which I outsource. I usually have no problem selling them even though my price is Lilley much higher than online stuff. I show a sample of a vista print card and a sample of what mine will look like and offer a discount if they order a thousand. Usually anyone deal, especially after they see the design I out together for them

TSC1985

Had a customer last week that called wanting 3 banners, big 60+sqft, with additional removable printed sponsor logos and cut vinyl dates. The kicker was that they needed a 2 day turnaround and artwork was not finalized until that night. Told them $7/sqft.......Lo and behold they were up later that week w/out sponsor logos and no vinyl dates.

I get frustrated that they don't just ask what we can do to make it less expensive.....

2B

Had a customer last week that called wanting 3 banners, big 60+sqft, with additional removable printed sponsor logos and cut vinyl dates. The kicker was that they needed a 2 day turnaround and artwork was not finalized until that night. Told them $7/sqft.......Lo and behold they were up later that week w/out sponsor logos and no vinyl dates.

I get frustrated that they don't just ask what we can do to make it less expensive.....

I hear you and we have learned from more than one bid that you go ahead and quote the "budget" option (if there is one) with the requested specs and they can pick.

bannertime

I guess I'm not worried about not getting the business so much. Just found it a bit annoying that it happened multiple times in a few days. But one thing about vista print, I offer business cards and that sort of thing, which I outsource. I usually have no problem selling them even though my price is Lilley much higher than online stuff. I show a sample of a vista print card and a sample of what mine will look like and offer a discount if they order a thousand. Usually anyone deal, especially after they see the design I out together for them

I've found our price to be cheaper than Vista when you add the 16pt double sided w/ UV add ons, which is our standard card. Unless they are having a sale. Plus with 4over we can offer a faster turnaround with no shipping. We're a bit lucky because they are literally down the road from us so we get free local delivery. If the person wants anything lower than 14pt or less than 500 cards I typically tell them we don't do it. Unless they are ordering sets of 100 for their whole company. 1000 cards is where we can start being competitive with Vista and that other one.

GVP

The one that got me was the realtor who urgently needed half a dozen Realtor boards. He made no bones about the fact that he could get them through the franchise at about a third of our cost, but he'd have to wait three or four weeks for them. His parting comment "well, I suppose I'll have to get screwed over and pay your price".

Screwed over? How the hell we never told him to F* off I'll never know.

BillyBoy86

I've found our price to be cheaper than Vista when you add the 16pt double sided w/ UV add ons, which is our standard card. Unless they are having a sale. Plus with 4over we can offer a faster turnaround with no shipping. We're a bit lucky because they are literally down the road from us so we get free local delivery. If the person wants anything lower than 14pt or less than 500 cards I typically tell them we don't do it. Unless they are ordering sets of 100 for their whole company. 1000 cards is where we can start being competitive with Vista and that other one.

i usually do 14pt as my standard with a 500 minimum, but i always offer a better deal at 1000 use 4over as well.
i had a guy come to me one time asking for 10 business cards, i explained to him that i don't offer in quantities that low. needs to get at least 500. he eventually ordered 1000, and i'm pretty sure he's a customer for life.
i've done plenty of work for him since, yard signs, both of his company vehicles, and a couple of larger coroplast signs.

BillyBoy86

The one that got me was the realtor who urgently needed half a dozen Realtor boards. He made no bones about the fact that he could get them through the franchise at about a third of our cost, but he'd have to wait three or four weeks for them. His parting comment "well, I suppose I'll have to get screwed over and pay your price".

Screwed over? How the hell we never told him to F* off I'll never know.
haha, "aw man you're really screwing me by getting my crap done on time"

ExecuPrintGS

Had a customer come in 2 weeks ago for pricing on 24"x18" coro signs, full color full bleed, 500 with a week turn around. I gave him a cost and he laughed in my face and walked out...
Yesterday he walked in and gave us a deposit for 500 yard signs... guess our prices weren't as bad as he thought they were. :ROFLMAO:

BillyBoy86

Had a customer come in 2 weeks ago for pricing on 24"x18" coro signs, full color full bleed, 500 with a week turn around. I gave him a cost and he laughed in my face and walked out...
Yesterday he walked in and gave us a deposit for 500 yard signs... guess our prices weren't as bad as he thought they were. :ROFLMAO:
that's great when that happens. haha