• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrapping a desk

klingsdesigns

I am debating on what material to use for this. I have 3165Ra in stock. The customer sounds like he wants this permanent. I also have 3m ij180cv3 10. I have never had to remove 3165ra. I have only been using it for a year now.(is it a pita to remove)

What do you guys think? I am interested in buying a wall vinyl. He just wants something that is laminated since people kick it and it gets dirty.

thanks

klingsdesigns

attached

Attachments

• desk.jpg
    desk.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 42

CanuckSigns

Is it just the front that's getting wrapped? Doesn't look like it has any big curves, any decent calendered vinyl should do just fine, if abrasion is a concern, try laminating with a textured floor laminate, it will hold up to just about anything!

klingsdesigns

it is just the front. It will be an easy job. I am just worried about removing the 3165ra 5 years down the road and it ruin the desk.

CanuckSigns

What is the front of the desk made of. It's hard to tell from the photo, I assume it's melamine, which shouldn't get damaged from vinyl removal.

another bonus fort he floor laminate, removal is a breeze sincet he lam is so thick and has absolutely no stretch!

Biker Scout

5ml polycarbonate (or polyester) lamination, with pebble texture. It's kinda the appropriate material for sliding, kicks, scuffs and general abuse, yet thin enough to wrap around the curve. (The thicker stuff is like what you'd see those countertop advertising mats laminated with)