• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrapping a green John Deere Gator

LGud

Hi, A client wants his John Deere gator wrapped. It has 2 different plastics: doors and box sides are the fine textured plastic, and the hood, polycarbonate.
In the past, when we have had polycarbonate UTV, we have painted them, using a torch to burn off the gas and alcohol, and spray paint with a fusion paint for plastic. It worked really well. But we haven't done a textured plastic with this method.
We aren't opposed to wrapping- just want to do this right!
Thanks!

AKwrapguy

Hi, A client wants his John Deere gator wrapped. It has 2 different plastics: doors and box sides are the fine textured plastic, and the hood, polycarbonate.
In the past, when we have had polycarbonate UTV, we have painted them, using a torch to burn off the gas and alcohol, and spray paint with a fusion paint for plastic. It worked really well. But we haven't done a textured plastic with this method.
We aren't opposed to wrapping- just want to do this right!
Thanks!

There are a few different things that you can try. You can use some primer around the edges, and 3MIJ180, use a heat gun and a soft roller to really get it in there. I've done this before and it works. You can also try looking at a convex material, I think that 3M now makes a low energy plastic material that's convex like material with air release.