• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrapping tanker trailers?

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Anyone have experience wrapping these? Customer is looking to cover up all the blue with white, then we would add cut graphic overlays afterwards. These are 2007 trailers and blue was painted on. (I don't have access to units)

Any thoughts, warnings, advice, would be greatly appreciated. I guess they're comparing with re-painting the unit, which my gut tells me would be the better option.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 180
  • image003.jpg
    image003.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 134

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
The main tube and the rear cap are not that bad. I'd try to talk him into leaving the blue on the support ribs and rails - those would be a pain to wrap neat and clean.
I have used both printed laminated 180c and 1080/2080 wrap film on those same tankers - works and holds up well.
Best if you can do it under cover - out in the open would not be fun.
If you charge well for your time and materials it will most likely be cheaper to have it painted.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
If you charge well for your time and materials it will most likely be cheaper to have it painted.

Thanks Wayne, appreciate the info. (That's the answer I was looking for) I'm leaning towards suggesting that they have it painted before we apply overlay graphics. This way they can try to match the older (probably faded) white paint - I can't get my hands on it beforehand so I don't want to assume that white vinyl is going to match up to the existing paint.