• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Wrapping the new *aluminum* Ford F150

ProVogue

Hey guys,

Pretty new to vehicle wrapping - Been wrapping for a about a year and a half but never ran into this situation before. I've been doing some regular wrap jobs for a pretty big rental company (same design, usually the same truck), but yesterday they brought me the new aluminum F150. I go to use my magnets and realize I'm in for a bigger job than I thought. Needless to say I end up using tape to hold the panels instead - Absolute nightmare because the only way I've always done it is to hinge at the middle of the panel and start from the top.. Using tape had me all over the place and seriously cutting it close lining up each panel.

I got the wrap done but what a major headache.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
Yellow tools gecko patches work awesome

Remove a small portion of the backer on the edges in a 1/2 circle and use as a temporary way to hold in place

Create a temporary hinge by using a back splitter across the vinyl. 2 cuts and remove small piece of the backer

Very simple