• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrestling Mat Graphics??

splizaat

Hey Guys -
Odd request to do some graphics on a newly setup wrestling mat at a Jiu Jitsu gym. The mat itself is covered in this rubberized material, but I'm curious if anyone has done these before, what materials you used and how long did it last?

My first thought is lets cuz stencils and have them somehow spray paint them. But if they want full color graphics, obviously this won't work. What about single/dual color graphics die-cut?

Any help is appreciated, I'm really not sure on this one

DirtyD

I did graphics on a UFC style octogon mat for local MMA and used Phototex high tack.. It lasted through all the fights but was hell getting back up.. so if I do it again it would be regular Phototex.. I would sample phototex and if it's more permanent Phototex High Tack.. I chose Phototex for the fabric feel and had the owner of our local MMA who was actually signed by UFC (got his *** whooped in all matches) verify that it would not be slippery and actually had added traction when sweaty..

DirtyD

and in the contract have a disclaimer/clause that YOUR not responsible for slips and falls and whatnot