• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wth!!!

thewvsignguy

:banghead: This has happened 3 times in a 1 hour time frame.

Program is Flexi 10.0.1 designer working on a new computer with a i3 and 6gigs.

Simple vector shapes I'm copying and pasting into a new file.

I was working on much larger files yesterday with no problems.

Any ideas? I would kick it but the wrap I put on it is just to nice.....

Attachments

• Overrun Screen Shot.jpg
    Overrun Screen Shot.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 72

jayhawksigns

Had an eps file that was giving me fits yesterday, and I have a little more RAM in my rig then you do. Downloaded the ai version and it worked without issue. Sometimes the weirdest things will set Flexi off.

Tigertron

Buffer overrun is from bad code. If there isn't a virus attached then it's a bug. Like a for-next loop that never gets a exit and goes until it fills the buffer.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Uh, a virus is possible but unlikley. A buffer overrun error can happen when any number of files get corrupted or have a bad bit of code (bug) in them. In this case it's showing app.exe on the screenshot which is the main runtime executable of FlexiSign. Might not exhibit the error all the time just when some certain function is called by the runtime.

Did a google search. Which for some reason nobody tries. Download this program http://www.prevx.com/ It appears to live in the windows/system32 file. Program has a free 30 day trial it will solve your problem.

thewvsignguy

I doubt it's a virus but I could be wrong. The file/s are from another computer running flexi 7.6 pro. It's a public computer (3 other employees use it) When that computer uses the files, no problems or pop-up's and will run all day without issues. That computer may have a bug, I'll try a scan tomorrow.

My old system 3.0 single core w/1.5 gigs XP Pro running Flexi 7.6 pro. Never had a problem but slower then dirt compared to my newer system.

Bobby I'll try the upgrade tomorrow and hope that the bugs have been worked out by now.

Should I add more RAM on this system when running Flexi 10? Reason I'm asking is because we have another older system 2.8 dual core with 2 gigs and it's a RIP station with out issues....

Thanks for the input....

thewvsignguy

Upgraded to 10.5 as Bobby suggested and ran the same files today for 3+ hours without a shutdown.

Thank you for the help and I hope the upgrade continues not to crash Flexi.

Thanks Bobby, your service goes a long way in my book and hope to be in touch soon.