• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

X Position Alarm

Angela

My Graphtec FC7000 was running just fine, until it wasn't. I am now getting a X Position Alarm as soon as I hit process cutting path in Wasatch. It abruptly jumps to the right and sounds the X Position Alarm. Any ideas of what I could do?

xxaxx

We have that happen sometimes ... try manually moving the cut head to the far left and see if it does it still. If so try doing that and then rebooting everything.

Also it does it sometimes if the vinyl roll you are trying to cut is heavy and wound tight ... try unrolling the vinyl a bit before cutting and see if that helps.

Angela

ok so I think I figured out how to fix this, key word "think".

I was trying to print from my Mutoh and then plot to my Graphtec and I kept getting this X alarm warning. I of course shut down, unplugged and rebooted the Graphtec to no avail. But I remembered that I just had done a straight vinyl cut on the plotter the day before with no problems. So I did a test plot with plain vinyl a few times to see if I could reset the X position. This seemed to reset the print/plot situation and I was able to print/plot.

I just thought I would throw this out there just in case any body had a similar problem so they could give this a shot.