• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XC-540 Light Magenta spraying everywhere...

I restarted the printer (removed power cable) did various cleanings in addition to soaking the cap tops.
This is a first, I am trying to print a job and there is LM spray everywhere on the print with lines.

Attachments

• print.jpg
    print.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 99

DravidDavid

Forgive me if I'm wrong...But I'm pretty sure this means there is an issue with the head board, rather than the head itself.
In other words, I think the computer is getting confused. Your jet test looks pretty funky, it's almost as if it can't remember how to print one for magenta.

If you have tried swabbing the heads, a 48 hour soak, flushed the lines and replaced the caps...Then there isn't much else you can do apart from assume electrical fault or try a different head.

Does the pattern on the jet test change each time you run it? If it does, I guess it could still be severely misdirected nozzles...And when I say severely, I mean SEVERELY misdirected haha.

I'm thinking it might possibly be a print head cable, they look pretty worn out. I have never seen anything like this before...looks like LM is having Jack Daniels on the rocks in celebration of LDW 14 :bushmill:
Test prints are completely different every time but its showing lines...

DravidDavid

I'm thinking it might possibly be a print head cable, they look pretty worn out. I have never seen anything like this before...looks like LM is having Jack Daniels on the rocks in celebration of LDW 14 :bushmill:
Test prints are completely different every time but its showing lines...

Good point. I didn't think about the print head cables...After all, they connect to the head board and could be causing the problem. I do recall other members having issues with cables in the past which sorted the issue upon replacement. It's certainly cheaper than a new head in any case!

I have had an XC 540 for 5 years...never replaced any print heads until last week. Printed a job that was about 15 rolls of vinyl and a 2 print heads went out on me...this could be the 3rd in one week. :banghead:

DravidDavid

I have had an XC 540 for 5 years...never replaced any print heads until last week. Printed a job that was about 15 rolls of vinyl and a 2 print heads went out on me...this could be the 3rd in one week. :banghead:

Sounds like you've had 5 years to save for new heads haha :D

Desert_Signs

I'm in the middle of having this problem with my XC540. The cut carriage cable somehow came out of it's track and got munched up/destroyed. Replaced that and the black head was spraying a similar pattern. Tech swapped head cables from black to yellow and the yellow head did it while the black printed fine. So, probably not a head error.

Roland decided it was the headboard. So, that's getting replaced as well as the carriage board. We'll see if that fixes it. The headboard kept blowing the "B" bank (yellow and black heads) fuses, even with no cables plugged in. They are thinking the carriage cable shorted out on something and cascaded into the head board. I'll find out for sure on Tuesday, when the parts are in.

Desert_Signs

My issue ended up being the long head cable to the black head, which also took out the headboard.

Stupid $50 cut carriage cable ended up costing me $1500.