• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

xc-540 Service Mode help

clgunz

HI, I am new to the forum and you guys seem to know your stuff so i am here to ask for some expertise. i am a copier/printer/computer tech from way back. my customer recently wanted me to troubleshoot their machine which i did and it turned out to be both dampers and an old top cap. so i repaird the machine and verified that the head makes a proper seal. here is my problem i was supposed to use the service mode to ensure that the head makes a proper seal. when i pressed the correct buttons to enable the service mode the display comes up with something like "service mode protected" or some such message. luckily i didnt need to do this or i would still be there trying to figure it out. now copiers/printers can be set with an admin password that can be reset via service mode but never have i had a machine that had a protected service mode. does anybody know how to clear this? im fairly certain i pressed the right buttons.left/right/down and sub power on. could it be a jumper? help!

dasnootz

If the code isn't typed in the correct sequence you'll get that message.

I'm away from my office right now, but I'll post the sequence tomorrow to make sure you have the right one.

clgunz

awesome thank you so much. The book says left,down and right while turning on sub power and ive done this with less than stellar results.

dasnootz

Okay... here's how I do it. Have the main power to the machine on, but the front panel shut off. Then go:
V, >, <, ^, >, V, < then Hold all at once (<,>,V + Front Panel Power)

It's like reliving the 80's and playing Contra on Ninetendo

clgunz

so these are consecutive? and then do what the book says? kool. okay thanks again i really appreciate you helping me on this. hope i can help you out of a bind one day. that sure is wierd tho. i work on all makes and models of copier, printer, scanner and computer and only some scanners are kind of wierd but not really because the book doesnt leave anything out.