• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XC-540 won’t show up on router (video)

dtsowosso

to start, here’s a video of the problem

So I bought this printer last week and was advised by the seller that occasionally versa works would say that the printer was disconnected and the job would stop and you would have to turn everything off and back on. I am just now getting to turn it on and I have set the IP address and the subnet mask and default gateway in accordance to the settings in my new router, the router is brand new out-of-the-box, And yet I get absolutely no wired devices showing inside of the router. If I take the same ethernet cable and plug it into my laptop, it does work.

Does anybody have any troubleshooting tips? I understand that there’s a potential to need a new main board but if I could get this thing to run for two days I can fulfill the jobs that I already have which would pay for the new main board.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
For starters do it as simple as possible.
Forget the router and connect laptop directly to printer.
Keep it simple, set them up with something like 10.0.0.2 and 10.0.0.3 and see if you can even ping the printer.
Now it's and old piece of HW and this might give you a different result.
If you have no beat from it... Well then..

dtsowosso

For starters do it as simple as possible.
Forget the router and connect laptop directly to printer.
Keep it simple, set them up with something like 10.0.0.2 and 10.0.0.3 and see if you can even ping the printer.
Now it's and old piece of HW and this might give you a different result.
If you have no beat from it... Well then..
Ok, I just tried that. using something like 169.254.69.20 for the pc, and 169.254.69.24 for the printer, I can ping the printer from command prompt and get a reply. I am currently installing versaworks on that PC to double check but I beleive that part is golden.

So then, if that works, I wonder why I couldn't get the printer on the network- would be awfully convenient compared to this.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I'm willing to bet you can connect it to your network and ping it just like you did with the direct connection. The XC540 is an old machine and doesn't support a lot of modern network functions which is probably why it won't show up as a connected device. You should be able to send jobs through though.

E Coloney

I use a dedicated Win 7 machine for my XC-540 with no connections/updates from the web. It works and I don't fool with it.